Friday 30 September 2011

80 Waves - Wave 4

BALEPHUIL, TIREE

This was the second beach I surfed, and the first I actually stood on for any length of time (so technically the first beach I surfed):

Conditions were small, with just a gentle, waist high wave peeling left and right, and breaking into clear, clean water. A seal was bobbing around for a while, curious to know what was going on. It wasn't epic surf, but fun, and a beautiful place to be surfing alone.

Earlier, I had seen another seal as I had breakfast, on the other side of the island. This was the view from my bed, when I woke:

Finally, waiting for the ferry, I explored this beach, with a lovely clinker rowing boat called Isabella pulled up to the high tide mark, on the sheltered side of the island:

I messed around having lunch and doing van chores until eventually the ferry arrived, and took me off to Barra, damp and salty and excited to be moving on.


2 comments:

Kukurusta said...

hey mate! your blog is a nice green fresh breeze in the face. Please keep writing.

Hug, Kuku.

Andrea Dezso said...

Hey Jono, so nice to see you here, looks like you're having fun! I'd love to re-connect; would you email me?
Warmly,
Andrea